Hi Everyone – this is Stacia. A lot of people have asked me how a Registered Dietitian (RD) like myself got into environment, agriculture, and international work. I’ve been sharing with RDs for 25 years on this topic, but the question has been increasing lately, so I thought I’d start this page to share more widely.
Below are some write ups about me and my story, then some presentations we’ve done recently about my / our work.
CVs and Stories:
- 2013 Reflections Nutrition experiences in Jamaica Malawi, Stacia Nordin, RD
- 2020 Bio sketch Sustainable Nutrition entrepreneur Stacia Nordin, RD
- 2020 Reflections Community Nutrition Entrepreneur in action Stacia Nordin, RD
- 2021 CV Stacia Nordin, RD
- 2022 Biosketch Stacia Nordin, RD
Each of our presentations are tailored to the audience, so even though you’ll see some repetition, there is always something different as well. I’ll share different styles of presentations below.
You can also visit our NeverEndingFood Permaculture’s e-file sharing (google drive) on Environment-Agriculture-Nutrition for many others: http://bit.do/MalawiAgNut
- 2022.01.27 6th Grade USA Class reading a book on Malawi
- 2022.06.29 work related – ICDA SFS ANHA (post-presentation with discussion notes)
- 2022.07.21 George Mason University Food Security & Nutrition Summer Class
- 2022.07.31 work related – SNEB ICDA & SANE Int’ ICT for SFS
- 2022.09.26-27 – I’ll be heading to my alma mater to talk with two RD classes and will share that presentation later as well. This one at OSU will be with my husband like when we tag team taught in our early days together which is the absolute best, in my humble opinion.
As social media increased over the years, we’ve not been as faithful to keeping up this blog and website pages. Feel free to follow me on social media where I tend to mix personal, work, and various passions that move me. We do a lot of WhatsApp sharing as well as that’s Malawi’s favourite app. If that’s your favourite, too, contact me and we’ll find a group to be on together, I like groups 🙂